A path in the woods is filled with so many stories and lessons. Last week I went on a few short hikes, one at the Reist Preserve in Niskayuna. The path was a combo of pine duff and leaves, ice and mud. I really needed to pay close attention! As I picked my way along the path I thought about being present to a place - about being really aware of where I am and what is around me. Often I stopped looking up at the magnificent oak trees or at the spot where a woodpecker was working. I had to stop. It was a must because if I looked up while walking I could have slipped on ice or mud. I reflected on the many times I try to multitask, on the times I pay cursory attention. This walk reminded me to be present to the present - my new year's resolution!

How are you reminded to be right here, right now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog