Leaves...
I love this quote, "Lord, let your love fall down on us like Autumn leaves".
The leaves are such blessings to the whole community of life. They thrill us with color. They tantalize us with textures. They gentle our path and make music as we walk through them. Squirrels use them for nests. Little critters like bugs hide in them. The forest floor rejoices in receiving the abundance of prospective new soil and insulation from icy winter storms.
Often times they are seen as a nuisance - work in raking or leaf blowing, collecting, bagging, etc. Truth be told our landlady has someone do these tasks so I can wax poetically about the leaves.
But I have been trying to pay more attention to each leaf - each has a journey, each is unique. I focus on each singularity, never to be repeated leaf - well of course not everyone, but a few individuals! A leaf caught in a fence, a leaf spinning from an oak tree, a leaf floating on the water of a pond. The veins in the leaf help me to see the connection with myself - the veins in my own hands.
A leaf and leaves have so much gratitude and consciousness to raise within me!

What is an encounter you have had with a leaf /leaves?
                                  Autumn Cross by Marion Honors, CSJ (image is copyrighted)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog