The other day I was taking a walk in Central Park around Iroquois "Lake". It was a very warm day, the ice was melting, the snow was gone. A man came up to me - all smiles- and said, "The geese are here, can Spring be far behind? After only it's only two weeks away!" Of course, he didn't realize that he was giving me depressing information not heralding good news!
I always have a very difficult time saying good-bye to winter. I loath the rising temperatures and the loss of ice and snow. I miss Winter's quiet beauty and peace.
So I said to myself, "Self, get over it!" This is what it is so embrace it. Taking the cue about the geese I went over to Vischer's Ferry on the weekend. Lots of geese in the business of setting up nests. Lots of ducks! There were a great variety of species - mallards, wigeons, pintails, hooded mergansers and a few I couldn't identify. There was even one lone snow goose. The drakes were sporting their breeding plumage. The diversity was wonderful! The ducks and geese reminded me that Spring is coming and maybe it's not all that bad to loose Winter. The geese are here, can the wildflowers be far behind?
Prepare for the Spring Equinox by reflecting on your favorite signs of Spring!
Dutchman's Britches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog